Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cycle 13 and The Crossroads

Well, cycle 13 seems to be here. I really thought I was pregnant. I had severe breast tenderness, sudden overwhelming nausea, my temps were up....I was going to get a pregnancy test Friday (15th), but on Wednesday, I started spotting. Forget the test. I figured it could, maybe, might be implantation. But then there were some clots. Yuck, I know. TMI. But, I figured I was out for the cycle at that point. AF has been teasing me for days with her impending appearance. I spot, then I don't. What gives? I'm guessing it may be the beginnings of menopause. Crap. I am SO not ready for that! I hate having to wear pads, when there's really nothing going on, but, if I don't wear one then AF would blast me for sure and it wouldn't be pretty. Thank goodness I'm a stay-at-home Mama. I can remedy those problems without too much ado. But, still. What woman wants to get caught without her under armor on? Not, I, Popeye!

So, I have come to a crossroads. My husband will be thrilled. If, I tell him. I may not. Just because I might change my mind. Maybe. I have decided to get rid of 90% of the baby stuff. I have two cribs out in the shop. Two porta-cribs, a high chair, exersaucer, swing, infant seat, car seat, bouncy seat, various baby toys, tons of clothes, three ginormous boxes of Pampers diapers from the baby shower (he's three and potty trained now), and I'm sure there's more, but I just can't think of it off the top of my head. But, it goes to say, I have a lot of stuff out there, and it's taking up precious real estate. I'm debating on having a yard sale (ugh. i hate doing yard sales.), or consigning it. Not sure which way I want to go. The nearby Jack & Jill consignment isn't for a couple of months...I'll have to think about it. In the mean time, I'll be going through all of it and setting it aside.

Side note..my very best friend laughed at me when I told her I had come to this decision...as I'm sure those of you who are reading this have already thought it...She said, and I quote.."If you get rid of it all, then you'll just have to buy it again. You know that's how it works. You get rid of it, and then you get pregnant."

Murphy, I like that law.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with her. It happens to me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jayme...I would love to think it would happen to me, but, it would probably revert to the other law, you know the one, it happens to everyone BUT you? Yeah, that would be me. lol

    ReplyDelete